Now that Summer has come everyone is in a race to get fit and healthy we have done up a super quick, super healthy & super tasty salad recipe that is great for Gut health & Liver function too!
Heres the recipe:
- Wombok Cabbage
- Grated Fresh beetroot
- Mixed Salad Greens (from Mr Chlorophyll)
- Low Fat Fetta Cheese
- Hommus & Basil Pesto
- Hand full of Fresh Parsley
- Locally Grown mango
- Rip all the Raw leafy greens and throw into a bowl.
- Cut Wombok into thin slices and mix with greens.
- Cut and slice the mango how you wish and toss through
- Top the salad with freshly grated beetroot and a teaspoon of hommus and basil pesto with some optional feta to finish!
- If you want some added protein you may combine with lean chicken breast fillet or add some various nuts and seeds!
Some quick nutrition facts:
Wombok is a great source of Fibre and Glutamine! Great for a healthy gut and digestive tract.
Beetroots are loaded with phytonutrients known as betalains-these are great for liver detoxification to help cleanse and replenish your body!
How easy is that!! Done and dusted-enjoy!